December 4th, 2020
Region of Waterloo Public Health has decided to close Linwood Public School as a precautionary measure against the spread of COVID-19. This decision has been made in response to community transmission, not spread within the school.
Public Health has directed the closure as a result of student absenteeism rates trending upwards. We know from our attendance tracking that many of the current absences are as a result of families isolating at the recommendation of Public Health. Access to the school will remain open to staff during the closure period.
What does this mean for students at the school?
- Students, families and visitors will not be allowed access to the school starting Monday, December 7
- Students will continue their learning on-line in a virtual learning environment (Google Classroom or Brightspace)
- More information regarding online learning will be provided by your child’s educator
- Educators will be available to students on-line during regular school hours
- If your family requires a device for online learning, please make the school aware of your needs and a device will be provided for the duration of the closure
- Tech@Home is available to help families troubleshoot any technical issues with board issued devices
Please know that our school and the Waterloo Region District School Board works very closely with Public Health and takes direction from them on all matters relating to COVID-19, including when to close a school or site.
We will continue to provide further updates as necessary as communicating with WRDSB families, students and staff is one of our guiding principles. We thank you for your continued support during this time.